Project Leaders: South Africa
The basic premise of the project was the production of a report, which will highlight the importance of the Geological Surveys on the continent, illustrate the capacity needs and support the identification of problems and possible solutions faced by the Geological Surveys of Africa. The project scope as stated in the original proposal is as follows:
- Analysis of the key roles of a Geological Survey;
- Identification of all Geological Surveys in Africa and compilation of a generic analysis of strengths and weaknesses;
- Examples of the roles of a Geological Survey in a developed country;
- Examples of the roles of a Geological Survey in a developing country;
- Suggestions on how Geological Surveys can contribute to the development of Africa;
- Benefits of a functioning Geological Survey.